Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Individual Personalities

I've met many mustangs during the Extreme Mustang Makeover Youth Edition. Each of them had their different strengths and different personalities. I don't think some people realize how much personality and character horses have, especially horses as smart as mustangs. The mustangs I have associated with personally each have been very different in their own ways.

We'll start with my first mustang I competed with in 2010, Big Mak. Big Mak is a very easy going calm and collected kind of guy. He is also bursting with confidence. Even from the first day out of the wild, he wasn't scared of me or what was going on. I've still never seen him truly scared.  Because of that, he is a great trail horse for all ages.

This is a picture of him in his first show ever, the Mississippi Open Congress Horse Show. Notice how relaxed he is.

This is a video of me doing an exhibition with Big Mak and two other girls who I trained with for a while. I'm the first one to come out in the video, the one who's horse had spray painted white tips in his mane and tail.


Next mustang is Jasmine. Jasmine is athletic, but on top of that, she is very strong naturally and has alot of stamina. She shared some personality traits with Big Mak, like her confidence and calm manner. Jasmine and Big Mak are also both great in in-hand classes.


This is my video from the 2011 Extreme Mustang Makeover Youth Edition with Jasmine. It is my in-hand obstacle course (I won this class!).



This is my video in the Extreme Mustang Makeover Youth Edition Top Ten Fnalist Feestyle performance with Jasmine in 2011, we won reserve champion.


Next mustang is Allegro. My sister's 2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover Youth Edition winner. Allegro, unlike Big Mak and Jasmine, was VERY high spirited, and even though we friendly and inquisitive, he was scared. He is our most athletic and fast mustang.

This is Allegro's Top Ten Finalist Freestyle performance for the Extreme Mustang Makeover.


This is one of his Exhibiton prformances. This one is for the Dixie National Freestyle Reining Competition.


This is Allegro's 2010 two year old long line futurity class he did at the Mustang Makeover I first competed in with Big Mak. Allegro won first place.


Allegro and my youngest sister, Christine, also won Junior Horse High-Point Champion at the Palomino Dixie National show earlier this year.

Big Mak, Jasmine, and Allegro have all accomplished many great things in their own strengths. Mustangs are truly versatile horses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment